How to Find Movies on Netflix Australia in 2021
You can use Netflix to watch your favorite movies however, finding your preferred content can become a hectic task. If you are not a tech geek then you may face issues while using the Netflix search functionality.
Despite using several workarounds like multiple profiles and secret codes, subscribers still face difficulties while exploring the best movies on Netflix Australia.
In this post, I will help you how to find movies on Netflix Australia using different simple tricks.mov
Without further ado, let’s start!
How to search for Netflix Australia movies?
You can follow these simple steps to discover different Netflix movies:
- Open your mobile or streaming device, navigate to the official site of Netflix
- Click the search icon given at the top of your screen
Through this search option, you can discover movies by name, genre and actor.
- Type your search as you can do different types of search:
When you search for movies through the title, Netflix will show you that item alongside similar movies. If it does not display the exact result, it will show the most relevant match.
You can find your favorite movies using the names of actors and actresses. This way, you will see the results that include movies in which they have worked.
You can find movies on your Netflix Australia catalogue by the name of a director.
You can use different terms like fantasy, comedy, action, sci-fi, drama and others.
If you want to watch movies in different languages be it French, German or Spanish? Use these terms “French movies” or “German movies” or “Spanish movies “ to find films in your chosen languages.
By video quality
You can watch Netflix Australia movies in 4K UHD quality after using the term “UHD”.
Please remember, Netflix not only displays the search results, it also shows categories that you can see at the top of the page. If you wish to see results from one particular category, click on it to find the required results.
How to browse best movies on Australian Netflix by category?
I hope you already know how to browse Netflix through genre and category. You just have to scroll down the page no matter if you are using a web browser or an app. Luckily, you can use two other options too.
In case you select the “Movies” option that is available at the top of your screen, you will see a page that shows only one or the other. Once you have selected the said option, you will notice a dropdown menu. Through this dropdown menu, you can pick a genre without scrolling instantly.
Similarly, you can browse Netflix Australia content through uncommon categories. Netflix traces all the movies with the help of some niche categories such as “quirky romances” and “underrated horror movies”.
After discovering the category’s tag number, you can visit that category’s landing page by typing its number into the address bar after the word genre:
How to access Netflix media libraries of other countries?
If you search for your favorite movie but you do not find it on Netflix Australia catalogue, it means the movie is not available in your region. There are thousands of famous movies unavailable on Australian Netflix due to geo-restriction issues.
Therefore, you will need to use a VPN to access hidden media libraries of other regions like US and Japan with a VPN to watch action movies, action comedy movies and other types of region- blocked movies in Australia.
Here are the steps you can follow to access Netflix libraries with a VPN:
- Subscribe and download a Surfshark VPN service
- Login to the service through your credentials
- Choose a US or Japanese server from the servers’ list
- Visit the Netflix official site and unblock your desired media library
- Start watching popular movies that are not available in Australian region
How do I subscribe to Netflix Australia?
Before subscribing to Netflix Australia, make sure that you have a Netflix compatible device. Here is how you can do:
- Visit the official Netflix site and click on the red button that says “join free for a month”
- Select any plan of your choice by clicking “see the plans” option through the next screen
- There are three pans, which are basic, standard and premium available at the price of $9.99/mo, $13.99/mo and $19.99/mo respectively
- Create your Netflix account by providing an email address along with the password
- After clicking “continue” option, you can pay your dues using different options like PayPal or credit card
- Download and install Netflix app on your desired platforms like Windows, Android or iOS
I expect now you can easily find movies on Netflix Australia using the above-mentioned tricks. Besides, you may use a VPN to access Netflix media libraries of other countries including US and Japan.
You can share your feedback about the post in the comments section below.