How to Change Netflix Region (July 2021 Updated)
Wondering how to change Netflix region in 2021? You have landed in the right place! Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services, thanks to its huge catalog. There are thousands of shows/movies to watch, and Netflix is adding new content each week.
However, there are different Netflix regions with differences in the content that is available for streaming. This guide will provide all the info you need for shifting your location using a VPN and getting access to American Netflix in Australia and other regions.
Netflix is able to offer movies/shows for streaming by securing the rights for content. The streaming service is sometimes able to get the rights for some titles across several countries, but there are plenty of shows & movies that aren’t available in every region.
How to Change Netflix Region or country in 2021 (4 Easy Steps)
Once you set up a VPN for Netflix, changing your Netflix country is very easy:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Install the relevant software and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a recommended server located in the United States.
- Visit the official Netflix website and enjoy the US library.
How to Change Netflix Region in 2 Mins (Video Tutorial)
What Are the Best VPN Services to Change Netflix Region in 2021?
Now you know how to change the region on Netflix. Still, wondering to learn about the best VPN? We are here to assist you! After testing 31 VPN services to change the Netflix region in Australia, we found these three VPN services that successfully worked 99% of the time.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Change Netflix Region
Total Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 94+ | American Servers: 1,080+ in 14+ Cities | Maximum Devices: 5 | Price: AU $8.47/mo for 12-Months + 3-Months Free
Express VPN is another option to consider if you want to change the Netflix region. It’s fast, safe, and reliable, but a little more expensive than other services. We think the price difference is justified by the quality of the service.
Express VPN has 3,000+ servers in 94 countries. There are no limits on your speed, and the service doesn’t keep any logs of your activities. There is 24/7 support offered via chat, and you can get your money back in the first 30 days if you’re not satisfied with the service.
2. Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Change Netflix Region
Total Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 65+ | US Servers: 500+ in 20+ Cities | Maximum Devices: Unlimited | Price: AU $3.17/mo on a 2-year plan
Surfshark VPN is the best VPN to change the Netflix region. It was launched more recently. It’s affordable, safe, and very easy to use.SurfShark VPN has servers in more than 60 countries. There are more than 3200+ servers to choose from.
SurfShark VPN has servers in all the main Netflix regions such as the US, UK, Australia, Germany, India, Italy, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, and the Netherlands.
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN to Change Netflix Region
Total Servers: 5,200+ | Countries: 60+ | Maximum Devices: 6 | Price: AU $4.48/mo on a 2-Year Plan
NordVPN is a runner-up VPN service to change the Netflix region. It has more than 5,200+ servers in over60 countries. You can use these servers to unblock Netflix in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, and Japan.
There is a 31-day money-back guarantee, and you can reach out to the support team if you need help. With a two-year subscription plan, you can even get access to a 3-month free trial!
Why You Need a VPN to Change Region?
As you know Netflix libraries differ from region to region, while some regions have a great collection of titles, some have very few of them. This is basically because of content licensing deals. Content owners have agreements with broadcasters in different geographic regions. This is the reason why all titles are not available globally.
Here is where a VPN comes into play, a VPN (Virtual Private Network) changes your IP address which is an indicator of your physical location. For example, if you connect to an American server, the VPN will change your IP address and hence change the Netflix region.
Now when you try to access Netflix, it will identify you as being physically in the US and will give you access to American Netflix.
How to change Netflix region on iPhone
To change the Netflix country on your iPhone, follow the below instructions:
- Open the App Store and search for any trusted VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Install VPN app onto your iOS device
- Provide your credentials to sign in to your account
- Connect to a US server
- Open the Netflix app It will redirect you to the US Netflix
How to change Netflix region on Android
Here’s how to change your Netflix country on your Android:
- Go to the Google Play Store, find and install the VPN app
- Open the VPN app and log in.
- Select the Us server and connect
- Now open the Netflix app – you will see the content of US Netflix
How to change Netflix region on your smart TV
The latest smart TVs use Android OS. So, changing the Netflix region on smart TV is pretty easy. Just follow the steps given below.
- Subscribe to any reputable VPN like ExpressVPN
- Open Google Play Store, search the VPN, and install it
- Log in to VPN and connect to the US server
- Now open Netflix – you will watch the content of selected country
How to Change Netflix Region: FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions like how to change Netflix country using a VPN service.
How do I change my region free on Netflix?
- Obtain a working DNS server address from your internet provider.
- Open Network Settings on the device.
- Hit “Custom and Manual” button and enter DNS server addresses.
- Now restart the network connection to activate DNS setting.
- Open Netflix Offical website and access the Netflix library of your required region.
How do I change my Netflix region without VPN?
How do you change the country on Netflix?
- Open the Google Play Store and install a VPN app like ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app and log in.
- Choose the server of your required country and connect.
- Visit Netflix.com – it will show you the content of your preferred country.
Is changing Netflix country illegal?
The services mentioned are tried and tested and will easily help you unblock different Netflix libraries. We can guarantee you a seamless streaming experience with these services. All of them unblock a vast number of libraries so you can watch region-restricted content.
And yes they all will unblock the amazing US library! We hope now you know how to change Netflix region. Comment and let us know if you have any questions.