How to Watch American Netflix on Chromecast in Australia (Updated 2021)
Family movie nights are the best part of weekends. Everyone looks forward to it until you realize that you don’t own a smart TV and live in Australia with minimal content on your Netflix library, unlike American Netflix. Not the kind of movie night you planned with everyone cramped in front of a laptop, did you?
Luckily, it’s 2021, and things are progressing. You can turn your regular LED or HDTV into a smart TV to watch all your favorite movies and shows. Google came up with a Chromecast device that turns your regular TV into a smart one. Simply attach the pong into your TV’s port, and connect it to your android phone.
All is good, but how to watch American Netflix on Chromecast in Australia? American Netflix is America exclusive only, and it is not available in any other region.
But there are ways through which you can watch American Netflix on Chromecast. For that, you must require a VPN. But first, we will guide you on how to set up the Chromecast device on your TV correctly.
How to Use Chromecast
To launch the Chromecast dongle on your TV, follow the steps below:
- Plug the USB cable provided with the Chromecast device.
- Connect the device to an HDMI port while attaching the switch to a socket.
- On your TV, find the HDMI option and open it.
- Install the app on your mobile device (Not compatible with computers)
- On your mobile device, log in with your Google account
- Follow the instructions for set-up and enjoy a variety of streaming services
How to Watch American Netflix on Chromecast in Australia
While you have successfully set up your Chromecast device, getting Netflix USA is still the task. You can achieve that by using a VPN.
A VPN will let you unlock all the restricted content on Netflix due to geo-blocking. So if you are in Australia or any other country, you can enjoy the extensive library of American Netflix.
There are two ways through which you can set up a VPN for your Chromecast device. One is using a VPN Router; the other is through your mobile app.
A VPN router has VPN installed in it by default. So all the devices connected to it will have the security of the VPN. While for a virtual VPN in your mobile app, follow the steps below to set it up:
- Subscribe to the best VPN; We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app on your mobile device and log-in.
- Connect to one of 1,080+ servers in the USA.
- Open the Netflix app and select any movie from the vast American Netflix library.
- Swipe down, access quick settings, and select the screencast icon.
- Your mobile device is now mirrored to your TV, and you can cast American Netflix on it.