Netflix Cost in Australia- World Comparison (Sep 2021 Updated)
Netflix has over 209 million subscribers worldwide as of Q2 2021. The streaming service is extremely popular, and 37% of internet users access it regularly. Although Netflix has increased prices in Oct 2020, Netflix cost in Australia is comparatively lower.
Netflix has become a go-to option for streaming shows and movies thanks to its huge library of content and affordable monthly subscription options.
Did you know that Netflix prices vary from one country to another? Let’s take a closer look at how Netflix prices differ between Australia, the US, and the UK and how to get American Netflix in Australia:
How Much Does Netflix Cost in Australia?
Netflix is the most popular streaming service in Australia, with 48% of Australians above the age of 14 using Netflix. The number of households with a Netflix Australia subscription increased by 50% between 2019 and 2020.
Netflix is a popular option because the Netflix Australia price per month is very affordable. Users can get a basic subscription for 10.99 AUD per month, a standard subscription for 15.99 AUD a month, or get a premium plan for 19.99 AUD a month.
Netflix increased its prices by 1 AUD a month on October 2020. The service is now slightly more expensive than other options, but still remains competitive thanks to its huge selection of content and originals. The Netflix cost in Australia remains competitive since Stan charges between 10 and 19 AUD a month, Amazon Prime costs around 7 AUD, Disney+ offers plans starting at 9 AUD, and YouTube Premium costs around 15 AUD a month.
Netflix Cost Australia vs USA and UK
Netflix offers a similar experience around the globe, but there are differences in the library of content available since Netflix secures streaming rights specific to each country. There are also some differences in costs.
The Netflix cost in Australia is different from what other users pay around the globe because the streaming service market is different in each country. There are different competitors, and attitudes toward replacing a cable subscription with a Netflix plan differ.
Here is a comparison of the Netflix Australia price with other countries in Australian Dollars:
- A basic plan costs 10.99 AUD in Australia, 12.05 AUD in the US, and 11.14 AUD in the UK.
- A standard plan costs 15.99 AUD in Australia, 18.76 AUD in the US, and 18.57 AUD in the UK.
- A premium plan costs 19.99 AUD in Australia, 24.12 AUD in the US, and 26.01 AUD in the UK.
We also compared the Netflix cost Australia with other countries in US Dollars:
- In Australia, users pay 8.20 USD for a basic plan, 11.93 USD for a standard subscription, and 14.91 USD for the premium option.
- American users can get a basic plan for 8.99 USD a month, a standard plan for 13.99 USD a month, and a premium plan for 17.99 USD a month.
- In the UK, Netflix costs 8.30 USD a month for a basic plan, 13.85 USD for a standard plan, and 19.39 USD for a premium plan.
Here is how the Netflix Australia subscription price compares to other countries in British pound:
- Australian subscribers pay £5.91for a basic plan, £8.60 for a standard subscription, and £10.75 for a premium plan.
- American subscribers spend £6.90 for a basic plan, £9.97 for a standard plan, and the premium option costs £12.28 a month.
- In the UK, Netflix users have to spend £5.99 for a basic plan, £9.99 for a standard plan, and £13.99 for a premium plan.
Getting More from Netflix
You may know that US Netflix has an extensive library as compared to Netflix libraries of the countries. Luckily you can access the US Netflix library anywhere in the world. Here is how you can do it.
- Subscribe for a VPN that works with Netflix like ExpressVPN.
- Install the native VPN app on the device of your preference.
- Launch the VPN app > sign in > connect to a server in the US.
- Visit the Netflix website and enjoy streaming the US library!
Netflix Cost Australia: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When it comes to knowing about Netflix cost Australia you may find yourself asking some questions. Here I highlight some common questions with answers.
How much does Netflix cost in Australia 2021?
How much does it cost to join Netflix 2021?
What is the difference between Netflix Standard and Premium?
How Much Does It Cost to Get Netflix on Your TV?
You can watch Netflix on your TV at no additional cost if you have a subscription. Keep in mind that a basic plan lets you watch Netflix on one device, a standard plan lets you watch Netflix on two devices, and you will need a premium plan to watch on four devices at once.
How Much Does Netflix Cost Per Month?
The Netflix cost per month depends on where you live and which plan you choose. The Netflix cost in Australia ranges from AU$10.99/m to AU$19.99/m, while US users have to spend between $8.99 9 and $17.99.
What Are the Netflix Plans?
Netflix offers three different subscription options. The basic plan (AU$10.99/m) lets you watch content on one device and doesn’t include HD or UHD content. The standard plan (AU$15.99/m) lets you watch on two devices and includes HD content.
In contrast, the premium plan cost is slightly higher at AU$19.99/m. However, it includes HD and UDH content and allows you to watch content on four devices simultaneously.
Even though Netflix increased its prices in Australia in Oct 2020, the US remains the most expensive country for subscribing to Netflix. Comparatively, the Netflix cost in Australia is more affordable.
Subscribing to Netflix in Australia would cost you AU$10.99 a month for a basic plan since Netflix will not give you the first month for free. However, if you are interested to watch and download Netflix on more than one device, you will have to pay more.